Breast Surgical Procedures
Breast Surgery in Atlanta & Lithonia, GA
Following a detailed examination and in-office diagnostic procedures, our surgeons will recommend the breast surgery that you need. We specialize in and perform only breast surgery, so you can rest assured you are receiving the optimal care for your breast condition.
Surgical treatment for malignant breast tissue or breast cancer often includes a lumpectomy or mastectomy. A lumpectomy is a procedure to remove the mass or lump in your breast as well as some surrounding tissue. It is also called a partial mastectomy.
What is a mastectomy?
A mastectomy is the removal of breast tissue. Depending on your health history, type of breast cancer, and other factors, your oncologist may recommend one of several types of mastectomy:
- Nipple-sparing mastectomies (breast reconstruction with our plastics team)
- Skin-sparing mastectomies (breast reconstruction with our plastics team)
- Mastectomies without reconstruction
- Partial mastectomy
Additional breast procedures our surgeons perform include:
- In-office minimally invasive/percutaneous lumpectomies of the breast with the Intact™ Breast Lesion Excision System
- Quadrantectomy (a partial mastectomy where ¼ of the breast tissue is removed)
- Placement of MammoSite® Targeted Radiation Therapy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Axillary node dissection
- Duct excision
- Excisional biopsies for benign disease
- Drainage of breast abscesses
- Medi-port removal